A one-stop-shop for resource companies looking to connect with the nation's best scientists to make the Australian resources sector more competitive internationally.
The National Resource Sciences Precinct (NRSP) is to position Perth as the world’s capital for minerals research by 2020 and ensure global competitiveness of the Australian resources sector by linking innovative research to industry.
NRSP is a CSIRO, Curtin University and The University of Western Australia collaboration connecting some of the world's best researchers with industry and government to tackle some of the most complex challenges facing the resources industry.
The Precinct has been formed to:
- Attract the best scientists to lead research on global resource industry challenges
- Deliver strategic leadership of the resource sciences agenda through collaboration with industry, government and research institutions
- Capitalise on the concentration of multinational companies and world-standard resources research capability already in Western Australia
- Mount research infrastructure projects of scale and quality
- Provide access for industry to world-standard research scientists and infrastructure
NRSP is not a management or funding body.Instead, it is engaged with national and local innovation systems. It builds on a foundation of Perth’s existing facilities and partnerships in resource sciences and draws together a network of strong capability and infrastructure within a community of the world class scientists.
Physically, the Precinct is located across a number of established sites within a 6km radius of Perth City Centre. This Precinct model ensures collaboraton between the partners will happen more seamlessly, while the combined of research muscle makes NRSP a formidable problem solver for industry.
For further infromation see the video below